Initial Design Goals
- Speed up original chess program by moving attack, eval, and gen functions
- Hardware HCI using alphanumeric LEDs
(Note: we changed to a dot matrix LCD during the project, and then abandoned the hardware
- Save/Open play configurations
Final Design Goals
- Software HCI using a "Scooby-style" Visual Basic GUI
Reasons for change: Time, inability to get LCD to display data, lack of
documentation on LCD, several websites found about people who could not get this LCD
- Speed up original chess program by moving
gen onto the FPGA
Reason for change: Lack of room on the FPGA to implement all three functions.
- Save/Open play configurations (limited)
Copyright © 1999, Scooby Doo Gang.